Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why Blog?

For a little bit of ranting I suppose. Plus I find it useful for my writing routine to maintain a blog. It's a good start to the day.

Also hope to communicate and discuss with others through the blog. What do I want to discuss? Publishing and writing mainly, but if you have hard hitting views on the fact that British chess players are not breaking through at international level I can listen to those too.

Discussion with publishers and agents would be most interesting, but not necessarily the traditional type. I am not kidding myself that I am a literary type, a Faberesque writer. Hence it strikes me that I do not necessarily need a traditional publisher or agent.

What I need is business people and sales people, whether they are in publishing or not. At the end of the day, despite what the slightly dated and pompous attitudes of the publishing fraternity might say they are in the business of manufacturing and selling products, which is not altogether different from any number of business and industries. A little local knowledge is of course required, but it is not rocket science after all.

So maybe you manufacture and sell elastic bands. Do you do it well? Could you translate that skill to manufacturing and selling books? If so I want to talk to you.

Maybe you are a publisher. I'd like to talk to you too but not to discuss the usual nonsense. I want to discuss what you do that hungry, go getter, elastic band man cannot do. I am sure there must be something but for the life of me I cannot see it. If you are anything like my current publisher you are probably pretty pants but I'll definitely give you the benefit of the doubt.

Are you a salesperson? Then could you be my agent? Maybe you are already an agent or maybe you sell double glazing? Either way I'm not bothered, since you could probably do a better job than my current agent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)